Keeping students protected from illness is a top priority. With this in mind, RHS believes that all students should be evaluated and, if indicated, vaccinated for vaccine preventable illnesses. Each year, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) put forth guidelines for vaccine preventable illnesses.
The ACIP currently recommends the following vaccinations for teens and young adults:
- Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis vaccine
- Meningococcal vaccine
- HPV vaccine series
- Hepatitis B vaccine series
- Polio vaccine series
- Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccine series
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine series
- Influenza vaccine (live) or (inactivated)
- Pneumococcal polysaccharid (PPV) vaccine
- Hepatitis A vaccine series
For more information on each of these vaccine preventable illnesses and whether or not you may be at risk, please contact one of our Health Care Providers. If you would like to learn more about the vaccine, click on its name to access the CDC Vaccine Information Sheet (VIS).
For information related to current immunization guidelines please visit the CDC website.