We've Updated the Student Health Websites
The following Rutgers Student Health websites have been relocated to our new and unified Student Health Website, health.rutgers.edu:
- Counseling ADAP & Psychiatric Services (CAPS), formerly rhscaps.rutgers.edu
- Health Outreach Promotion & Education (HOPE), formerly rhshope.rutgers.edu
- Student Medical Services, formerly rhsmedical.rutgers.edu
- Pharmacy Services, formerly rhspharmacy.rutgers.edu
Click here to search the new Student Health website or check below for some helpful information.
Student Health Services Office
Counseling, Alcohol & Other Drug Assistance Program (CAPS)
If you're looking for counseling support in the evening or over the weekend, here are several resources:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
- NJ Hope Line: 855-654-6735
- National Crisis Text Line: Text KNIGHTS to 741741; If you are a person of color you can also text STEVE to 741741.
In cases of CAPS emergencies during office hours, call CAPS at 848-932-7884 or go to 17 Senior Street on the College Ave Campus to be seen as soon as possible. When CAPS is closed, Acute Psychiatric Service provides 24-hour emergency service for local residents: 855-515-5700. If you live outside of Middlesex county you should contact the nearest hospital emergency department.
Health Outreach, Promotion, and Education (HOPE)